Volunteers are an appreciated asset to C.E.R.T.S., Inc. Optional volunteer opportunities can include:
- Demonstrating special skills (singing, dancing, special crafts) to the participants
- Assisting during daily activities
- Administrative duties
- Assisting with special events
- Completing small maintenance projects such as hanging pictures, painting etc.
- Becoming a Board member
Here is a listing of recently completed volunteers projects.
- Twenty students from St. Georges Vocational Technical School came to the C.E.R.T.S., Inc. Newark site for approximately 5 hours one day and cleaned all the equipment used by our participants as well as our bus. They also cleaned and organized storage cabinets and wiped down walls.
- A high school student volunteered at our Smyrna location in her quest to explore the field of disabilities as a possible career.
- As part of a co-op requirement for her bachelor’s degree, a Wilmington University student redesigned our website to enhance ease in use and access to pertinent information while providing a professional presentation of our agency.