With a wheelchair lift vehicle available at each site, participants at both Adult Action Centers regularly enjoy community outings.
Such outings may include:
- A visit to a museum
- Spending time at a local park to simply be outdoors, participate in adapted outdoor games or have a picnic
- A visit to the Brandywine Zoo
- Going to a business that reflects an individual’s interest, such as the Harley Davidson store
- Shopping to purchase items needed for site based activities
- The stimulation of being at the mall
- A trip to the pet store to interact with the animals
The goal of community outings is to offer new experiences in order to satisfy the participants’ interests and ultimately improve their quality of life.